THIRD EDITION – 2024
PIANO, STRINGS, WIND INSTRUMENTS, HARP, GUITAR, PERCUSSIONS, VOICE & CHAMBER MUSIC, CHOIR, PIANO FOUR HANDS, ROCK, POP AND JAZZ BAND, POP VOICE AND OTHER
Categories and Rules
The Fanny Mendelssohn International Online Competition 2024 is open to every musician from all over the world. There is no age limit.
Instruments and Categories
PIANO, PIANO FOUR HANDS, HARPSICHORD, ORGAN, ACCORDION, VIOLIN, VIOLA, CELLO, DOUBLE BASS, GUITAR, HARP, FLUTE, OBOE, ENGLISH HORN, CLARINET, BASSOON, SAXOPHONE, TRUMPET, HORN, TROMBONE, EUPHONIUM AND TUBA, VOICE (S, MS, A, T, BAR, B, COUNTERTENOR AND OTHER), DRUM SET, MARIMBA, XYLOPHONE and VIBRAPHONE, CHOIR, ORCHESTRA, CONDUCTING, CHAMBER MUSIC (FROM DUO TO OCTET), ROCK, POP AND JAZZ BAND, POP VOICE
Little Stars – born in 2017 and younger – up to 7 minutes
Kids – born in 2016/2015 – up to 7 minutes
Young I – born in 2014/2013 – up to 10 minutes
Young II – born in 2012/2011 up to 10 minutes
Junior I – born in 2010/2009 – up to 12 minutes
Junior II – born in 2008/2007 – up to 12 minutes
Intermediate – born in 2006/2005 – up to 15 minutes
Advanced A – born in 2003/2004 up to 15 minutes
Advanced B – born in 2002/2001 – up to 15 minutes
Master A – born in 2001/2000 – up to 25 minutes
Master B – born in 1998/1997 – up to 25 minutes
Professional – born in 1996 and older – up to 25 minutes
For Chamber Music, the category will be determined by the average age.
(Example: age member 1+ member 2 + member 3 : 3 = the result determinate the category)
1. The ACMH Association, organizes the Fanny Mendelssohn International Online Competition Second Edition. The competition will be completely on line.
2. The competition is open to contestants of all nationalities and countries. There are instrument categories and different age categories.
3. The application fee is € 120 for soloists. Even for Chamber Music and Piano 4 Hands categories the fees are € 120 per ensemble. After the Application page you will be redirect to the payment page. Once the application fee is paid it cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
The deadline of application is 5 January 2024 and the result will be announced from 10 February 2024
4. Repertoire is at Free choice at the contestant (one or more pieces) . The performance should be solo, with piano accompaniment or performance with orchestra. Each categories has its own max duration of the video recording:
Little Stars – up to 7 minutes
Kids – up to 7 minutes
Young I – up to 10 minutes
Young II – up to 10 minutes
Junior I – up to 12 minutes
Junior II – up to 12 minutes
Intermediate – up to 15 minutes
Advanced A – up to 15 minutes
Advanced B – up to 15 minutes
Master A – up to 25 minutes
Master B – up to 25 minutes
Professional – up to 25 minutes
For the discipline of Chamber Music, the category will be determined by the average age. (Example: age member 1 + member 2 + member 3: 3 = the result determinate the category),
5. Video recording must be not edited and without any added effects. the quality of your video won’t influence the judge of the jury, although it is necessary that it is good enough to see and hear you clearly. In the Application Form is mandatory to include the piece/s you are applying with in the format: name of the piece, composer’s name, duration. Videos should be available for watching online by link.
6. During entering the website www.fannymendelssohncompetition.com the competitor needs to provide the following: 1) Filled the Online Application form in English; 2) Youtube, Vimeo or other similar link;
7. Contestants allow the FANNY MENDELSSOHN INTERNATIONAL ONLINE COMPETITION to use their materials (photos and video recordings) on internet and on CD and DVD with no possibility to ask for financial remuneration.
8. The videos will be judged by an international Jury, made by some of the most renowned musicians, professors, composers and artistic directors from all over the world. There are special Rules that the Jury has to follow. The organization guarantees a minimum of three judges who will be evaluating the audition materials. All Jury decisions are anonymous, final and irrevocable. The contestants will receive detailed and considered feedback about their complete performance from each Jury member.
9. The prizes will be awarded based on the following point categories:
STAR GRAND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the best competitor among those who will win GRAND PRIZE
GRAND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the best competitors among those who will get at least 99/100 points
FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 93/100 points
SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 86/100 points
THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 79/100 points
FOURTH PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 72/100 points
SPECIAL MENTION – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 65/100 points
HONORARY MENTION – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 55/100 points
If many participats will get the same mark the prizes will divided into many ex-aequo prizes.
10. The competitor or competitors who have obtained at least 99/100 points will be the Absolute Winner or winners and will be awarded with the Diploma “The Fanny Mendelssohn International Competition 2024 Absolute First Prize”
The Absolute Winners, the Grand Prize Winners and the Star Grand Prize winner will get his/hers picture and biography published on the website under the title “The Winners of Fanny Mendelssohn International Online Competition 2024”.
In the case of several competitors-soloists in the category have the same number of points, advantage will be given to the younger competitor. In the case of several competitors in the different categories having the same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
11. The competitors have no right to present any objections against the decision and composition of the Jury.
12. Fund of prizes:
– All contestants will be awarded with diplomas. Teachers and accompanists on request receive a certificate for a portfolio.
– “The Fanny Mendelssohn International Online Competition Second Edition STAR GRAND PRIZE” will be awarded with a cash of € 4.000 (the winner will receive the prize money as cachet for a concert in Europe).
– “The Fanny Mendelssohn International Online Competition Second Edition GRAND PRIZE” will be awarded with a cash award of € 400/person for solo contestants and € 800/group for ensemble contestants (the winner will receive the prize money as cachet for a concert in Europe).
– The Absolute Winners also receives a special diploma.
– Teachers with the highest number of winner students, will be awarded with special prizes and invitations.
13. Participants automatically accept all the conditions previously listed of the online music competition rules. The organization can change the regulation for organizational reasons at any time.
international online competition
PIANO, STRINGS, WIND INSTRUMENTS, HARP, GUITAR, PERCUSSION, VOICE, CHAMBER MUSIC, CHOIR, PIANO FOUR HANDS, ROCK, POP AND JAZZ BAND, POP VOICE AND OTHER